NO SMOKING WITHIN 5 METRES
200 X 300MM Printed on 3mm weatherproof corflute, this sign has two double sided tape strips top and bottom
** also see our VINYL STICKER with the same message perfect for the doors and windows - This resource aims to assist with Quality Area 2
As of 1 September 2016
- no-smoking at or near under-age organised sporting events and skate parks
- no-smoking in and around approved early childhood education and care facilities, including kindergartens and places offering after school hour care
- no-smoking at public swimming pools
- no-smoking at outdoor pedestrian malls
- no-smoking at public transport waiting points such as bus stops, taxi ranks and ferry wharves
- no-smoking at prescribed national parks or parts of parks
- no-smoking at prescribed State Government precincts
- the no-smoking area at non-residential building entrances increases from 4 to 5 metres
- no sales of tobacco products from temporary retail outlets
- local governments may ban smoking at any other outdoor public place not already covered by state laws.
Research shows that young people are much less likely to take up smoking if their schools, homes and recreation areas are no-smoking areas. Efforts to help adults to quit smoking and reducing exposure to smoking in public places also sends a positive message to young people about not smoking.