Never leave a child alone in a vehicle, even for a minute!
You might think you would never forget your child in the back, but it can happen to anyone. Busy schedules, lack of sleep and changes in routine can distract us easier than you think.
Set up a system to check the backseat of your car for your child every time you get out. Your system may include setting your mobile phone, purse, gym bag or briefcase on the floor near your child. This will help you see your child when you open the door to get the item. Or set your smart phone or electronic calendar to give you a reminder to be sure you dropped your child off at daycare each morning.
Another idea is to ask your daycare provider to call you within a few minutes if your child is late for daycare. Or, keep a large stuffed animal in the car seat when your child is not with you. Move it to the front seat where you will notice it when your child is with you – it can act as a reminder.
More ways to protect your child:
- Do not allow your child to play in a car.
- Lock all doors and the trunk after everyone is out of the car.
- Keep all keys out of the reach of your child.
- If a child goes missing, check the pool first if you have one. Then check the car, including the trunk.
Share this post
- 0 comment
- Tags: Child Care Resources, Child Safety, Early Education, EYLF, Family Day Care, Learning Resources, NationalQualityStandards, PDF Education Supplies, safety, Staying Safe In Childcare